lunes, 11 de febrero de 2008

Viena/ Wien / Beč / Vienna

I've just come back from Vienna, it was a really good weekend, not only for the city itself, but for seeing Martina again, after quite a long time (since those happy days in London)


I went on Thursday by train, 6 hours and a half. It was not that long as I had some books, although in the end only managed to read Nada. On the way back, I started to read Cien años de soledad, but finally I gave up and tried to sleep .

The first night we went for a walk through the first disctrict (I think, I'm really bad with names...) and of course to a coffee house (that was only the first one).


The following day we woke up early and went to see the most important buildings in the city centre. (Of course, more coffe houses and sachertarte) In the evening we went shopping (believe or not I didn't buy that many things, it was cold and there are already spring clothes...)
At night we went to Villa Aurora (really nice restaurant with a good view of the city) for dinner. I ordered snitzel, something really traditional (and huge, that of course I couldn't finish).

The giant snitzel and me

Then, we intended to go out, but we were exhausted, so after a drink in the Rote Bar (a really nice place located in a theater that even has a stage) we went home.



On Saturday after walking around in a market, we visited Schönbrunn, a big palace where the
imperial family lived. There is no doubt that it's a small world, as I met someone from León there (he works in Ljubljana now, but still, what are the chances?)


At night we met in the Blue Bar (I also think that they ar not really original naming the places) with some of Martina's friends. So I tried Austrian beer, and in another bar (no colour name this time) Czech beer.

On Sunday we visited some more places I wanted to visit: the Hundertwasser-Krawinahaus (a colourful house), the Prater (amusement park),...





My friends, the musicians (Mozart and Strauss)




Really funny signals all over the place




On the tube, we found the horoscope, this time for February, and as the Italian one, it's very good, nothing to do with reality, those who speak German, here you are:



Conclusión

1. Mi inglés se deteriora cada día más (como se puede comprobar)
2. Después de estar de nuevo en una gran ciudad como Viena, el año que viene me gustaría vivir de nuevo en una (creo que por eso Zagreb me agobia ahora mismo)
3. En Austria es normal viajar con perros en cualquier sitio (6 horas en el tren, dentro de tu vagón)
4. Existen máquinas para hervir huevos





2 comentarios:

Anónimo dijo...

Unas fotos geniales. No entiendo alemán, eso es lo malo, que no puedo leer el horóscopo, jajaja!!
Ah! He recibido tu postal!! Muchas gracias, e smuy chula. Y sobre la invitación, muchas gracias también, me gustaría. A ver...
Besos!

Anónimo dijo...

Que guay, como vives maja, vaya viajes que te das yo también me muevo eh no creas, hoy mismo estuve en la finca con Lolo un rato jeje.Me alegro tia. Besos, Belén